The yacht you will be sailing on will be fully equipped to stringent RYA/MCA standards.
Our yachts are comfortable, even in winter, but it is essential that you bring suitable clothing.
Please pack your clothing in a soft holdall no more than 60 litres in capacity.
Suitcases cannot be stored on board.
If you are attending a one day practical course not all of the listed items are required.
In addition to your normal ‘civvy’ clothing required when you go ashore we recommend the following items:
- Waterproof sailing jacket and trousers – available for hire, please ask for details
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Sailing boots or wellington boots/waterproof boots with non-marking soles
- 2 pairs of thick socks for your boots (in case one pair gets wet)
- Soft-soled deck shoes or non-marking trainers for warmer weather
- Hat (sun and woolly)
- Sailing gloves
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Head or pocket torch
- Wash kit and towel
- Thermal underwear
- Warm clothing – fleece jumper, thermal base layers.
It is difficult to predict the format of each course as we are dependent on the weather, wind, tide and experience of the crew.
You should expect to be leaving marinas and anchorages early to allow a full day’s sailing, depending on your course some night sailing or longer passages may be included. We suggest you pack clothing according to the time of year and taking into consideration the time of day you will be sailing.
Most nights, if not sailing, will be spent alongside in a marina where shore side showers and facilities are available and you will have access to mains electricity. A 12 volt charger is available at other times. If you have a car charger for your phone please bring it along.