Please select the course or event you are interested in from the Categories tab.
Use the previous and next events tabs to find out when we are next running your selected course or event if you do not see it listed.
A little first aid knowledge and immediate action can help save lives, especially on board a boat. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
Subjects specific to boating:
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR- including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
The RYA First Aid Course fulfils the requirements for:
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boat Masters
- The Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers for races such as the Fastnet.
The RYA First Aid course is recommended by the MCA and includes the latest edition of the RYA First Aid Manual.
Previous experience required None
Duration 1 day or 2 evenings
Max instructor ratio 12:1
If you are new to sailing have a look at what other practical and theory courses we offer, or if you're interested in brushing up your sailing skills why not have a look at what refresher courses we offer.
Who are the RYA?
Find out more about the Royal Yachting Association (RYA): Who are the RYA?