From novice to hard core sailors we’ll tailor our sailing and tuition to suit your experience and learning style to help you achieve your sailing goals. We enjoy both cruising and racing; and understand that sailors, or aspiring sailors, shouldn’t be restricted or pigeon-holed. Therefore we offer RYA qualifications, but we understand that these will not suit all requirements and so offer the opportunity to gain experience outside the standard RYA course route. We strongly encourage your development through experience, increasing understanding and confidence. We are all learning all the time – even the most experienced!
Some sailors are out on the water every week, others haven’t stepped onto a boat for years. Everyone learns in slightly different ways and everyone has aspects of sailing they love and others they find difficult. We know a qualified YachtMaster who struggles with some knots. Everyone gets rusty at different rates – some skills need frequent practice while others can be picked-up after years.
What do you want to get out of sailing?
We appreciate that everyone has different reasons for sailing, from beginners seeing if they enjoy it, through to experienced, dedicated cruisers and racers.
Have you got limited time?
If so challenge us to see how we can help!
How do you learn best?
We understand that some people want intense tuition others need less teaching and more time to reason, others need lots of practice.
We will attempt to explain the broad, and sometimes confusing, range of sailing courses available.
So whether you’re a novice or a YachtMaster contact us to talk through your sailing aspirations and experience and see what would work for you.
- Novice needing to find out if they like sailing, or whether they will just get seasick.
- Skipper who needs to brush-up before a cruising charter.
- Experienced crew that needs to practice some different roles on a boat.
- Rusty skipper who needs to brush up sailing and crew leadership.
- Navigator who needs help moving from paper charts to electronics chartplotting.
- Racer who needs to go faster.
- Experienced sailor getting his work colleagues out on the water.
- Qualified skipper – crewing frequently but unable to practice skipper’s skills.
- Coaching and mentoring – we all need support occasionally. We can offer a coaching and mentoring service to crew and skippers as they develop and tune their skills.